Thursday, July 30, 2015

The Beginning of the End

I'm sitting here crying.  I'm typically not a crier.  It's not that I don't want to shed tears, it's just that I don't for some reason.  It always disturbs my mom, especially when we're at a funeral.  Today, however, I have actual tears running down my cheeks.  I just watched the 4th video released by the Center for Medical Progress.   My tears aren't because of the tiny arms and hands in the petri dish.  After years in the pro-life movement, I've become desensitized to the graphic images.  What started the watershed was the callous way in which the clinicians described the mangled baby.  I felt like I just witnessed the darkest part of humanity.  Please pray for them - "they know not what they do." Please also pray for the moms who were aborted at the clinic that day.  One of them has just now come face to face with her child and the reality of her actions.   So many wounded women in our midst.  After the initial shock, my tears evolved into ones of hope.   After 40 years, our country is finally starting to wake up to the reality that is Roe v. Wade.  Just like William Wilberforce taking the Brits on the slave ship and Wilhem Brasse sharing the photos from Auschwitz, these videos mark a turning point in the abortion debate.    I once heard it said that "We must not work to make abortion illegal, we must work to make it unthinkable."  To that end, we MUST watch these videos ourselves - no matter how disturbing - and then pass them to everyone we know.  There seems to be a mainstream media blackout.  It's up to us to end this thing NOW.


No comments:

Post a Comment