Saturday, July 11, 2015

Angelic Warfare Confraternity

I was watching TV the other night and was so disturbed by what I saw on the screen.  The show, Mr. Robot, is about a computer hacker.  Since it's new, I was just trying it out to see if it was good enough to add to our line-up.  It was a little dark and depressing, but no moral qualms thus far.  Then, out of the blue, the scene cut to something so sexually disturbing, I can't describe it for fear of corrupting my readers' minds.  I myself now have that ugly image burned into my brain.  So do my husband and my 16 year old son.  We immediately banned the show from the house, but the damage has already been done.  It's safe to say that our culture has hit an all-time low in terms of sexual morality.  I'm afraid to see what's next on the horizon.  Since we can't count on media or the courts to fix the problem, I have a better solution - The Angelic Warfare Confraternity.   In short, the Angelic Warfare Confraternity is:  "a supernatural fellowship of men and women bound to one another in love and dedicated to pursuing and promoting chastity together under the powerful patronage of St. Thomas Aquinas and the Blessed Virgin Mary."  (AWC mission statement)

The AWC is a Dominican organization composed of religious and lay members.  Those in the Confraternity agree to practice and promote chastity as is called for given their particular state of life.  They also wear a cord or chain symbolizing their membership and pray 15 Hail Marys and two short prayers daily. Pretty simple, but it may be the solution to fixing out culture.  Their website has all the details on how to enroll.

ps.  When you do have those disturbing images flash through your mind - stop and pray for the people involved in the act.  That way, some good can come from your distress.

No comments:

Post a Comment