Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Book Review: Clutter's Last Stand

Ok, normally life changing books are much deeper than this one, but reading Clutter's Last Stand by Don Aslet actually changed my entire outlook on life.  The main premise is that 20% of the items we own get 80% of the use.  All of that extra stuff just drags us down.  We spend time storing, cleaning, and worrying about so much stuff that we don't really need.  After reading this book the first time, I got rid of enough junk to have two huge garage sales.  Over the course of a year, I went through every closet, drawer, nook and cranny and tossed everything that I didn't use regularly.  It was AMAZINGLY liberating!!  Everything became so much easier - dusting took less time because I no longer had tons of ugly knickknacks to move, cooking was easier because I didn't have to dig through all the useless utensils to get to my favorite spatula, my closets were no longer filled with clothes I hated.   It was scary at first to let go - but you know what?  I never missed one thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment